Competence, accountability, transparency
We are a group of concerned people working together to improve the way our Bailiwick is governed.
We want to bring about the decisive, effective and efficient government that our Bailiwick needs and deserves, with the priorities which will bring a prosperous and stable environment for the benefit of all. We seek to attract a new movement of competent and pragmatic Deputies in 2020 – the first time Island Wide Voting will occur – sharing a common vision of improving the governance of Guernsey
- Improving the economy and efficiency of air and sea links
- A consistent economic development plan with a “Yes” culture in government
- Prioritising digital connectivity
- A long term infrastructure investment plan
- Initiating a sound and sustainable energy and environmental policy
- Fiscal responsibility, achieving lower taxes by reducing the size of central government
- Transfer of local responsibilities back to the Douzaines
- Providing a sound foundation for health and later life care
- Re-examining education policy
- Introducing a Freedom of Information Law
How will we achieve this?
By bringing together, under our banner, a group of Deputies with talent, commitment, and the experience of taking decisions which carry responsibility and risk. They will share the general aspirations of the Association, but retain the independence to vote on issues according to their conscience, and take the decisions that they perceive to be in the best interests of the island as a whole.
When will Guernsey politics change?
The first Island Wide Voting election for Guernsey is in 1 year, 0 months, 25 days, 9 hours, 16 minutes